Keeping our minds in shape is as important as being in good physical shape, yet we often don't pay attention to it until something goes significantly wrong. Just like the importance of regularly checking in with our physical health (through regular medical exams), it is just as important to regularly check in on how we're doing emotionally and mentally.
We all know about looking after our physical health by eating well, being active and getting enough exercise. But when it comes to mental health, we're less likely to think about the actions we can take in order to stay on a healthy course. There are innumerable things people can do for their mental health. Sessions with one of our therapists can be used as a consultation to help you further develop or maintain emotional health and enjoy all of the benefits of that, such as healthy, satisfying relationships, improved productivity, enhanced immunity, and a zest for life.
Improving Physical Health
And, research has proven a mind-body feedback loop. Just as working on one's physical health can improve one's mental and emotional health, enhancing one's mental health can improve one's physical health and recovery from medical issues.
Being and Becoming
People who have higher levels of emotional and mental health experience a greater quality of life and true peace and fulfillment. Therapy is beneficial not just for people who have significant symptoms and struggles, but also for anyone:
- who is interested in gaining new ideas, insight, and direction in their efforts to become as mentally and emotionally healthy as possible;
- who would like to improve their relationships and experience a higher level of health and satisfaction within those relationships;
- who wants to consult about a particular issue or problem, and problem-solve or identify effective coping skills to address that issue or problem;
- who wants or needs an additional supportive person to help them through a sudden change, loss, or transition;
- who wants to work toward reaching their personal potential, achieving self-fulfillment, and seeking personal growth and peak experiences; or,
- who wants to manage stressors and remain physically healthy.