Most health insurance plans provide some form of mental health coverage. Hinsdale Therapy Group is an in-network provider with Blue Cross Blue Shield PPOs and most other major insurance companies.
Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please check your coverage carefully by calling the customer service number and asking the following questions:
- do I have mental health insurance benefits and do I need to pre-authorize?
- what is my deductible and has it been met?
- do I have a co-pay or pay co-insurance?
- how many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- is Amanda Scanlon or Julie Giers an in-network provider?
Prior to paying a claim, most insurance companies require HTG to provide them with information regarding your therapy. This information may include clinical diagnosis codes, treatment plans, or summaries. You are entitled to a copy of this information. HTG protects your privacy in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA) - we require your signed consent prior to releasing any confidential record to an insurance carrier or other party.
- If an HTG therapist is a contracted provider, HTG will submit paperwork and claims on your behalf. Any deductible or co-payment required by your insurance plan will be collected at the time of service.
- If an HTG therapist is not a contracted provider, HTG fees must be paid at the time of service. We will help you submit paperwork, but this function remains your responsibility.
PAYMENT POLICIES AND FEE SCHEDULE: Your co-pay is due at the the time of service. HTG asks that you learn your share of the cost per session from your behavioral health insurance carrier. Please bring your insurance card to your first session. Your insurance will be billed at the following rates.
- Initial mental health assessment: $160
- 60-minute therapy session: $140
- 45-minute therapy session: $120
- Late cancellation (less than 48 hours before session time): $60 (cannot be billed to insurance)
- Phone consultation: $10 per 10 minutes (cannot be billed to insurance)
Each insurance company designates their own specific rate per session (which can be different from the above rates) and the share for which the client is responsible varies from plan to plan. People who don't use insurance are charged the above rates. We do offer sliding scale fees on a limited basis.